This is our favourite Chocolate cake recipe. My Mom cut it out of an old news paper and it was passed down to me and sister. My daughter even knows the recipe off the top of her head. A very simple yet delicious cake .
250ml Cake Flour
250ml Castor Sugar
2 Heaped Tablespoons Cocoa
pinch of salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
4 eggs , separated
60ml Sunflower oil
60ml Boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C
- Sift together Flour, sugar, salt and cocoa.
- Add oil and Boiling water and mix
- Add egg yolks one at a time while mixing.
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Sprinkle baking power over egg whites and fold in
- Fold egg whites into Cake mixture
- Pour into a 20cm x 20cm tin and bake for 20- 25 minutes.