Halloween is a the time of year for sweets and sweet things. So for next Halloween (or any other time) try these simple vanilla cupcakes.
200 g unsalted butter
1¾ cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
2⅔ cups flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake paper cases (this should be about 24)
- Cream butter on high until light and Fluffy. Add sugar slowly, mixing until completely combined.
- Add vanilla paste and eggs one at a time, beating until well combined.
- Sift Flour and baking powder together. On a low speed, add a third of the flour mixture. Then half the milk. Repeat until the flour and milk are incorporated but don’t overmix.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and springy to the touch.
- Cool on a rack and then ice with a vanilla buttercream.